Generate tones with a single instruction and micrcocontroller I/O pin. This piezospeaker is the same model currently provided in our Small Robot Electronics Pack*. It is a compatible replacement in any of our educational tutorials or projects that use a piezospeaker, though the decibel level at a given frequency may vary. Application uses include alarms, audio feedback of system state during run time, reset indicator, and playing simple tones.
- Breadboard-friendly 0.3" pin spacing
- Resonant frequency: 4000 Hz, +/- 300 Hz
- Rated Voltage (Square Wave) – 12 V
- Operating Voltage – 1-30 Vp-p
*As of 3/18/2019
- Housing material: ABS plastic
- Rated Current: < 5 mA max
- Sound output @ 4000 Hz/10 cm: 80 db min
- Resonant Frequency: 4000 Hz (+/- 300)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to +70 °C
- Weight: 2g
- Case dimensions: 7 mm tall x 14.1 mm diameter
- Pin length: 6.7 mm
Note: As of March 2019, this piezospeaker may not ship with a sticker covering the sound aperture for washing during PCB manufacturing. We recommend this product for use in breadboard or socket-based kits, and not for PCB manufacturing.