The cyber:bot 12-pack Plus is a one-box solution for implementing Python programming, robotics and other STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) topics in your classroom. Supported by free tutorials, software, and teacher training, our robots are designed to be beginner-friendly and engaging, while using real-world electronics to build transferable skills.
There are 12 total robot sets, and each set includes (1) cyber:bot robot kit with micro:bit, plus our three most popular hardware accessories for additional activities. Designed to add a hardware dimension to Python-focused computer science, CTE, and cybersecurity programs, the cyber:bot is a joint project between Parallax and NICERC, the National Integrated Cyber Education Research Center.
Parallax’s web tutorials will guide you and your students step by step — just follow the checkmarks. First, learn a bit about Python programming on a micro:bit module Then, assemble the cyber:bot and make it move. Start building circuits on a breadboard, then make DIY sensor systems so the robots can navigate on their own. Experiment with the additional hardware kits for advanced navigation, and get ready for some classroom challenges.
The hardware accessories include rotating Ping))) Distance Sensor and Brackets, QTI Line Follower kits for advanced navigation, and IR remotes for remote-control applications. In addition, this board accepts common electronics components on its breadboard for further experimentation — no proprietary connectors required.
- 12 sets of hardware for 1-to-1 or 2-1 student-to-robot ratios
- Program in Python, a popular language for computer science and cyber security courses
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chromebook labs
- Enough NiMH AA batteries and chargers to have one set in the robots and one on the chargers
- Colorful 2 x 6 ft cyber:bot banner on strong vinyl with grommets, to hang in the classroom or at events
(12) - cyber:bot robot kit with micro:bit (#32700)
(12) - QTI Line Follower AppKit (#28108)
(12) - Ping))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (#28015)
(12) - Ping))) Mounting Bracket Kit (#570-28015)
(12) - Universal Remote (#020-00001)
(3) - Small Robot Electronic Components Pack (#572-28132)
(2) - Robot Hardware Refresher Pack (#570-35000)
(5) - 12-cell AA NiMH Battery Charger (#752-00021)
(10) - 1.2 V NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 12-pack (#752-00022)
(1) - cyber:bot Classroom Banner, 2 x 6 ft (#126-32700)
Webinar: Getting Started with Python, Micro:bit, cyber:bot - 10.84 MB | updated: 15 Jan 2020 - 10:04 am
Scope & sequence for cyber:bot robot with micro:bit - 90.87 KB | updated: 07 Oct 2019 - 4:50 pm