The ActivityBot 360° 12-pack Plus is a one-box solution for implementing robotics and other STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) topics in your classroom. Supported by free tutorials, software, and teacher training, our robots are designed to be beginner-friendly and engaging, while using real-world electronics to build transferable skills.
There are 12 total robot sets, and each set includes (1) ActivityBot 360° robot plus our (3) most popular hardware accessories for additional activities. The ActivityBot 360° Robot builds transferable skills in middle school, high school or college robotics, technology, engineering, and programming courses.
The web tutorials will guide you and your students step by step — just follow the checkmarks. First, build your ActivityBot. Then, learn about programming its multicore Propeller chip brain. Start building circuits on a breadboard, then make DIY sensor systems so the robots can navigate on their own. Experiment with the additional hardware kits for advanced navigation, and get ready for some classroom challenges.
The hardware accessories include rotating Ping))) Distance Sensor Brackets and QTI Line Following kits for advanced navigation, and IR remotes for remote-control applications. In addition to what is included in the kit, numerous other Parallax sensors, hardware add-ons, and accessories are compatible with the robot and its Propeller Activity Board WX. This board accepts common electronics components on its breadboard — no proprietary connectors required! It also sports a mini audio jack and RF module socket for expanding to audio and wireless applications.
Our STEM hardware is supported by free California A-G certified curriculum resources, including web tutorials, assessment materials, classroom challenges, and programming software tools. Tutorial options include BlocklyProp graphical programming or C language with simplified libraries. Choose your preference, or go from one to the other for a strong foundation and progression. There is plenty of material for a fully packed semester course, or a more relaxed year-long program with time to experiment with student-designed inventions.
Class Pack Features
- 12 sets of hardware for 1-to-1 or 2-1 student-to-robot ratios
- Program graphically with our online BlocklyProp tool or locally in text-based C with SimpleIDE
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chromebook labs
- Enough NiMH AA batteries and chargers to have one set in the robots and one on the chargers
- Colorful 2 x 6 ft ActivityBot 360 Banner on strong vinyl with grommets, to hang in the classroom or at events
- (12) - ActivityBot 360° Robot Kit (#32600)
- (12) - QTI Line Follower AppKit (#28108)
- (12) - Ping))) Bracket Kit (#570-28015)
- (12) - Universal Remote (#020-00001)
- (10) - AA NiMH Rechargeable batteries, 12-pack (#752-00022)
- (5) - 12-cell AA/AAA NiMH Battery Charger (#752-00021)
- (3) - Small Robot Electronics Refresher Pack (#572-28132)
- (2) - Small Robot Hardware Refresher Pack (#570-35000)
- (1) - ActivityBot 360° Classroom Banner, 2 x 6 ft (#126-32600)
Webinar: ActivityBot 360° and BlocklyProp - 12.43 MB | updated: 22 Jan 2020 - 12:33 pm
ActivityBot with BlocklyProp Scope & Sequence Spreadsheet - 109.41 KB | updated: 26 Jul 2018 - 1:16 pm
BlocklyProp Class Packs - Resource Links - 123.96 KB | updated: 07 Jun 2018 - 3:53 pm
BlocklyProp Solo, Launcher, and FAQ for Schools - 130.13 KB | updated: 30 Jan 2020 - 5:07 pm
Propeller Activity Board WX Product Guide - 1.52 MB | updated: 27 Sep 2017 - 6:19 pm