Online ordering on this site has disabled, and this site is archived as www1.parallax.com. Prices, promotions, and free shipping offers mentioned on this site are invalid. Please visit the new www.parallax.com for shopping!
I teach elementary school
I teach elementary school×
The S3 Robot's shell is fully-enclosed and durable, meaning it can stand up to the enthusiasm of a younger audience. There are eight pre-installed demo programs for out-of-the-box learning, or you can dive right into easy graphical programming with our BlocklyProp visual programming tool.
I teach middle school
I teach middle school×
Middle school classrooms can be a challenging mixture of students with varying levels of robotics interest and experience. Parallax robotics kits provide several options to fulfill your program goals while keeping your students engaged.
"I want my students to build AND code their robots."
- With the ActivityBot, they’ll build their own robot, learn to wire circuits, and get started with programming with BlocklyProp or in C.
"Building a robot might be too challenging, I just want my students to code."
- The Scribbler 3 Robot comes pre-built with no need to wire circuits – just connect it to a computer and begin programming with the graphical BlocklyProp tool.
I teach high school
I teach high school×
There are so many different ways to teach robotics at a High School level. From formal, in-classroom lessons, to afterschool clubs and activities, the ActivityBot is a versatile robotics platform that fits perfectly into any environment.
"I teach a semester or full-year course."
- The ActivityBot Robot tutorial series can be covered in a single semester. If your course is longer, the robot lessons can be extended with optional tutorials, challenges, and projects using a a wide range of add-on sensors and accessories.
"I have a robotics club."
- The ActivityBot Robot will be the ideal core of your robotics club when paired with the competition and challenge ideas from our learn.parallax.com site. If your goal is to prepare for a FIRST, FRL, NASA, TSA, or BotBall competition, working with the ActivityBot Robot will build the essential skills your students will need when competing with larger robots.
I want to start a coding club/camp
I want to start a coding club/camp×
Technology camps can be a child's first introduction to the exciting world of robotics and programming. Parallax robots can help instructors and their students get the most out of their experience.
"Do you have anything to use in short Summer Camps?"
- Our Hackable Badge is capable, affordable, and fun - it’s programmable with BlocklyProp too. Learn more...
"What would appeal to a wide age range?"
- The Scribbler 3 Robot incorporates art and music into robotics, and it is engaging, educational, and fun for kids of any age. Learn more...
"My camp is for STEM-inclined, or gifted/talented students."
- The ActivityBot Robot's open platform and wide variety of compatible sensors and accessories will keep students challenged. Learn more...
We use Chromebooks
We use Chromebooks×
From pre-robotics (Propeller FLiP, Propeller Activity Board WX) to beginner robotics and above (Scribbler 3 Robot, ActivityBot 360 Robot), we have a platform for every Chromebook classroom.
We use Macs or Windows machines
We use Macs or Windows machines×
All of our STEM robotics and pre-robotics kits are compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems! Unsure of where to start? Start by taking a look at our most popular kits.
Looking to do robotics?
- Try the capable and robust ActivityBot 360 Robot. Learn more...
Not quite ready for robotics?
- Let your students learn the basics of programming with the Propeller FLiP Try-it Kit. Learn more...
I have never taught this before
I have never taught this before×
We are here to help! If you can’t get to one of our Professional Development courses (which are FREE to attend), we also have an Educator Hotline for one-on-one assistance at your convenience. Call us at (916) 701-8625.
My students have never coded before
My students have never coded before×
If you choose a BlocklyProp-compatible kit, your students can start off with a visual programming langauage that makes learning easy and fun - and students will be able to transition to text-based C programming whenever they are ready.
My budget is SO small
My budget is SO small×
Teaching budgets are often very small, even for technology courses like robotics and programming. Parallax understands, and we strive to ensure our products are both top-of-the-line and affordable.
- Even our full robotics kits are affordable - a class of 30 students can be outfitted with 15 student and 2 teacher/spare kits for $3400. Learn more...
The FLiP Try-it Kit is an inexpensive non-robotics kit that teaches programming and electronics for $80 (and cheaper at quantities of 10 or more). Learn more...
Still too high? The Hackable Electronic Badge provides a fun, educational coding experience on real hardware for $49. Learn more...
Plus Parallax software, tutorials, and support are ALWAYS free. Learn more...
I want to stick with Arduino
I want to stick with Arduino×
"I already have one or more Arduino UNOs plus programming cables."
- Our Robotics Shield Kit for Arduino is the ideal way to turn the Arduino UNO modules you have already into a classroom fleet of robots. Learn more...
"I need everything, including Arduino UNOs and programming cables."
- The Robot Shield with Arduino Kit packs everything you need into a single kit, and it also includes a copy of the Robotics with the BOE Shield Textbook. Learn more...
I’d like to upgrade my Boe-Bot robots
I’d like to upgrade my Boe-Bot robots×
Parallax small robots all share the same versatile chassis design. This makes it possible to retrofit or upgrade your Parallax small robot fleet from one microcontroller and programming language option to another.
Got anything besides robots?
Got anything besides robots?×
Is your classroom not quite ready for robotics? You can introduce them to electronics and programming fundamentals first with these educational products.
- The FLiP Try-it Kit is an inexpensive non-robotics kit that teaches programming, circuit building, and electronics. Lessons are expandable with additional sensors and accessories. Learn more...
- The Hackable Electronic Badge provides a fun coding experience on real hardware. No circuit building required. Learn more...