The Parallax Propeller combines ease-of-learning with a high-powered, modern microcontroller. With the horsepower-equivalent of eight Arduinos in one chip, students will do things that are not possible with less powerful microcontrollers.
The ActivityBot 360° Robot is multicore programming in action. It features two Feedback 360° High Speed servos with built-in encoder sensors for consistent navigation, and a Propeller microcontroller "brain" for true multitasking capabilities. Programmed graphically with BlocklyProp, or in text with the industry-recognized C language, the ActivityBot is the ideal entry point to beginning robotics, or a customizable small platform for more advanced studies. Our free web-tutorials take students step-by-step through assembly, introductory programming, and navigation using a variety of sensors. Our Learn website also features BlocklyProp Propeller C projects and robot contest ideas for additional in-class learning or for use in robotics clubs, after-school clubs, maker spaces and more.
Get to know the ActivityBot:
- Step-by-step assembly (1-2 hours)
- Powered by 5-AA batteries
- Suitable for grades 9+
- Program in C language or graphical BlocklyProp
- Web-based tutorials
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
- Uses the Propeller multi-core microcontroller
- Sensors use touch, visible light, ultrasound, and infrared light
- Supports WAV audio output from SD card files
Resources for the ActivityBot Robot:
- ActivityBot 360° Robot Kit in the Parallax store
- Propeller C kits and accessories
- BlocklyProp kits and accessories
- ActivityBot tutorials on Learn
- BlocklyProp tutorials on Learn
- Propeller C tutorials on Learn
- SimpleIDE Programming Software
Looking to discuss program options with a Parallax education team member, one-on-one? Call our Educator Hotline (8 am-5 pm PT, Monday through Friday): (916) 625-6801.
To set up a school purchase order or request a quote, call or email the Parallax Sales Department (8am-5pm PT, Monday through Friday): 888-512-1024 (916-624-8333 outside of US), or firstname.lastname@example.org. Quantity pricing is available.